We are looking for a User Support Officer to join the team at OCSI. The role is a part-time (3 days / 22.5 hours per week) and is a job share. The post is fixed term as described for one year, with possibilities to extend or convert to a permanent position following that.
The user support role at OCSI is a great starting point for anybody wanting to get into communications, marketing, sales or even research or technical development.
Sounds like my cup of tea – what does OCSI do?
Based in Brighton, we are a social research consultancy with a strong technical focus. We use our expertise in research and technology to provide tools, analysis and support for organisations working for social good. We work at the cutting-edge of data, digital and public sector – take a look at http://ocsi.uk/ to find out more about the projects we are working on.
So, what does a User Support Officer do?
The User Support Officer will play a key role as part of the OCSI communications team. The role will include:
- Taking a pro-active role in communicating with our clients, building relationships with our users
- Learning the ins and outs of our products in order to provide expert support to our users
- Problem solving with users to understand what’s happening and what they expected to happen
- Developing support materials (Knowledge Base, videos, blogs) to ensure our clients are getting the most out of our products
- Maintaining our database of contacts, and keeping clients informed about updates to the products
- Liaising with the technical and research teams at OCSI to ensure that client needs are communicated and responded to
- Supporting on marketing activities of the company; for example looking after social media, writing blog posts, updating the website
Great! And what skills do I need to fit the bill?
We are looking for:
- A confident communicator (both spoken and written), with previous experience in a client facing role preferred (but not essential)
- Sociable and friendly, great at building relationships
- A logical thinker, a good listener & questioner – combining these skills to be a problem-solving extraordinaire
- A fast learner, able to get up-to-speed quickly
- Somebody that is comfortable working and communicating in a tech environment (but no need to be a tech whizz yourself!)
- Somebody that uses their initiative and is happy working in a fast-paced office
- A great team player, that is confident in taking on joint ownership of the User Support role to make it a success.
Anything else I should know?
This is a part-time position and we are looking for somebody to cover 3 full days per week as part of a job share. Exact work pattern to be determined. The post is fixed term and will last one year, with possibilities to extend.
The ideal candidate will be able to start end of August / beginning of September.
You’ll be based in our Brighton office in the vibrant North Laine cafes and pubs quarter, about 20 minutes walk from the sea. There may be occasional travel to London and further afield for meetings as required.
What we offer
- 30 days annual holiday (pro rata)
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Training & development fund
- Office perks: Tea & coffee, fruit-bowl and snacks, table football.
How to apply
If you like the sound of all this, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] . For more information or for an informal chat regarding the role, please contact Kim by email or ring 01273 810270
The deadline for applications is 17th July and we are looking to schedule interviews for the week beginning 24th July. However, we reserve the right to fill the position early.
We look forward to hearing from you!