Last week we found out we were shortlisted for ODI’s Open Data Business Award – and were pretty chuffed with that.
This week we found out we are finalists in this category!
We are delighted to say the least, and honoured to be chosen as one of the three finalists alongside Open Data Nation and Open Corporates. You can see a list of all the 2015 finalists on ODI’s website.
Some of the open data highlights from our recent work:
- Our development of the Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) for the UK Department for Communities and Local Government is coming to a close, with the data & reports to be published in September. The IMD is one of the highest profile and most widely used open data tools out there, used to target more than £1 billion annually of public and community sector spending. And also the most viewed dataset on data.gov.uk
- Community Insight for social housing associations has over 80 subscribers, with Scottish and Australian (!) versions in the pipeline to go alongside the England and Wales tools.
- Our Local Insight tool for local authorities and services was launched following pilot development, and we’re busy with demos – do get in touch on email@example.com if you’re interested in finding out more.
- Using open data in research projects including: helping evaluate the impact of the Children’s Centres programme, exploring possible funding options for DfE programmes, and helping understand the impact of implementing Minimum Income Standards in local areas.
- OCSI team members have also been active, talking about open data at every opportunity. Head of tech Graham Lally runs the local Open Data Brighton & Hove. Chief Executive Tom Smith chairs the Environment Agency Data Advisory Group, and is a member of The Guardian Public Leaders Board.
- Oh, and of course not to forget our open data map of every Christmas number one ever …
We’re dusting off our suits and frocks for the award ceremony on 9th July at Bloomberg’s London office. The winners will be announced by ODI Founders Sirs Tim Berners-Lee and Nigel Shadbolt – a very exciting prospect!
Keep your fingers crossed – and of course we will keep you updated.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation distributes grants through a range of funds. The Household…