User support Intern
We are looking for a User Support Intern to join the team at OCSI. The internship will last 12 weeks, with a view to extend this to a permanent role if all works out.
The user support role at OCSI is a great starting point for anybody wanting to get into communications, marketing, sales or even research or technical development.
Sounds like my cup of tea – what does OCSI do?
Based in Brighton, we are a social research consultancy with a strong technical focus. We use our expertise in research and technology to provide tools, analysis and support for organisations working for social good. We work at the cutting-edge of data, digital and public sector – take a look at http://ocsi.uk/ to find out more about the projects we are working on.
So, what does a Client Support intern do?
The User Support intern will play a key role as part of the OCSI communications team. The role will include
- Taking a pro-active role in communicating with our clients, building relationships with our users
- Learning the ins and outs of our products, to provide expert support to our users
- Problem solving with users to understand what’s happening and what they expected to happen
- Developing ‘how to’ guides and other support materials to ensure our clients are getting the most out of our products
- Maintaining our database of contacts, and building and account managing our community of users
- Supporting on marketing activities of the company; for example looking after social media, writing blog posts, updating the website.
Great! And what skills do I need to fit the bill?
We are looking for:
- A confident communicator (both spoken and written), with previous experience in a client facing role preferred (but not essential)
- Sociable and friendly, great at building relationships
- A logical thinker, a good listener & questioner – combining these skills to be a problem-solving extraordinaire
- A fast learner, able to get up-to-speed quickly
- Somebody that is comfortable working and communicating in a tech environment (but no need to be a tech whizz yourself!)
- Somebody that uses their initiative and happy working in a fast-paced office.
Anything else I should know?
This is a Living Wage Internship, paid at the new rate of £8.25 per hour. This is a full-time role, although we can be flexible if that is important to you.
You’ll be based in our Brighton office in the vibrant North Laine cafes and pubs quarter, about 10 minutes walk from the sea. There may be occasional travel to London and further afield for meetings as required.
What we offer
- 30 days annual holiday (pro rata)
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Training & development fund
- Office perks: Tea & coffee, fruit-bowl and snacks, table football.
How to apply
If you like the sound of all this, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Kimberley.email@example.com . For more information or for an informal chat regarding the role, please contact Kim by email or ring 01273 810270
The deadline for applications is 6th November and we are looking to schedule interviews for the week beginning 9th November
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that this position has now been filled. Please send any speculative applications to firstname.lastname@example.org