We are looking for an Accounts & Office Manager to join the team at OCSI. This is a 12-month maternity cover, but we’d look to extend into a permanent role if all works out.
The post is 2-3 days per week. We support flexible working, and are happy to agree hours around what works for both you and us; for example to be flexible alongside childcare or other responsibilities.
Sounds like my cup of tea – what does OCSI do?
Based in Brighton, we are a social research and data consultancy with a strong technical focus. We use our expertise in research and technology to provide tools, analysis and support for local, national and international organisations working for social good. We work at the cutting-edge of data, digital and public sector – take a look at http://ocsi.uk/ to find out more about the projects we are working on.
So, what does an Accounts and Office Manager do at OCSI?
The Accounts and Office Manager will play a key role to support the OCSI teams. The role will include:
- Accounts book-keeping: Keeping OCSI’s Xero accounts up-to-date, bank recs, reports (P&L and BS reports), quarterly VAT. Monthly payroll, pensions and expenses.
- Reviewing and improving accounts & office processes, e.g. invoicing, payments, expenses, ordering equipment.
- Improving the office environment, including design of new meeting space
- General support for OCSI teams, including arranging meetings & travel, PA support to the management team, ordering equipment, running team days, recruitment campaigns.
- We also encourage you to get involved with anything that OCSI teams do where you can add value, including marketing & comms, project co-ordination, sales, research and analysis, technical design and development.
Great! And what skills do I need to fit the bill?
- Accounts / book-keeping experience, ideally with organisation of 5-30 staff. Bonus points for experience with Xero.
- Excel skills
- Office admin and team support experience.
- Sociable and friendly, great at building relationships
- Comfortable working and communicating in a tech environment (but no need to be a tech whizz yourself!), and happy working in a fast-paced office
- Happy to use your initiative when needed.
Anything else I should know?
- Salary is dependent upon experience.
- The post is 2-3 days per week. We support flexible working, and are happy to agree hours around what works for both you and us; for example to be flexible alongside childcare or other responsibilities.
- You’ll be based in our Brighton office in the vibrant North Laine cafes and pubs quarter, about 10 minutes walk from the sea. Working remotely is also an option.
What we offer
- 30 days annual holiday (pro rata)
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Training & development fund
- Office perks: Tea & coffee, fruit-bowl and snacks, table football.
How to apply
If you like the sound of all this, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Kimberley.email@example.com . For more information or for an informal chat regarding the role, please contact Kim by email or ring 01273 810 270
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 18th October (5pm) and we are looking to schedule interviews for the week beginning 31st October. We may appoint earlier if we find the right candidate.
We look forward to hearing from you!
****NO AGENCIES. NO AGENCIES. NO AGENCIES. ****
**** THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED****