Based in Brighton, we are a social research consultancy with a strong technical focus. We combine expertise in research and technology to support organisations working for social good to make evidence-based decisions.
We work with place-based data to help organisations better understand the communities they serve. We do this through consultancy projects such as the Indices of Deprivation and our work on left behind neighbourhoods. We also deliver long-term subscription based products (such as Local Insight) that provide direct access to local level data in easy to use platforms for public and third sector organisations.
What you’ll do
As the Customer Support Manager you will be a vital part of our Communications and Marketing Team and responsible for leading the Customer Support function, including line management of the User Support Officer(s). You will develop a customer support strategy to ensure we deliver high quality customer service and that our clients get maximum value from our products.
Your responsibilities will include
- Serve as the main point of contact between our clients and the company
- Develop and implement client onboarding plans
- Build strong relationships with clients and implement retention initiatives.
- Work closely with users to understand their unique needs and challenges
- Design and implement a comprehensive training and webinar programme for our product(s)
- Identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling our services
- Use analytics to understand how customers use our products and identify opportunities for improvement and retention risks
- Provide exceptional day-to-day customer support, helping users to solve problems with using our software products.
- Analyse trends in support issues to identify recurring issues and implement preventative measures.
- Maintain and develop support materials, including the Help Centre, videos and blogs.
- Continual process improvement to enhance our customer support offering.
- Organise and run a yearly User Group for our product users
- Establish feedback loops for gathering, storing and organising requests from clients that come through our ticketing system, training sessions and surveys.
- Have a holistic view of all feedback received and use this to identify risks and opportunities for the company.
- Advocate for customers by raising feedback and user stories, with context around how important it is, with the wider team.
Skills and experience
We are looking for:
- At least two years experience in an account management or similar role, preferably in a B2B environment
- Experience of line management
- A confident communicator (both spoken and written)
- Sociable and friendly, great at building rapport and relationships
- A logical thinker, a good listener and questioner – combining these skills to be a problem-solving extraordinaire
- A fast learner, able to get up-to-speed quickly
- Ability to work, communicate and collaborate effectively in a tech environment with cross-functional teams (but no need to be a tech whizz yourself!)
- Ability to work independently, be proactive in taking ownership of tasks, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Bonus skills / experience (desirable but not essential)
- Experience of providing customer support for a software product
- Experience in using Google Analytics
The starting salary will be £34,000 – £37, 000 per annum depending on experience.
This is a full-time permanent position.
We largely work remotely but the successful candidate will be expected to attend our Brighton office for some meetings and events. You are also able to work from our office more regularly (or every day) if that suits your needs.
The ideal candidate will be able to start in March 2024.
What we offer
- Remote working (with occasional visits to our Brighton office required)
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Annual bonus related to company performance
- Personal training and development fund
- Flexible working hours
- Up to 5% matched pension contributions
How to apply
If this opportunity aligns with your skills and career aspirations, we would love to hear from you! We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, especially those from underrepresented groups.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we will not accept applications that do not include a covering letter.
Application Deadline: 16th February 2024
Interviews: Week beginning 19th February 2024
What is the impact of neighbourhood-based initiatives (NBIs) on community life? Do…
Sport England have recently announced that they are investing an additional £250…